Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Break An Egg

I'm not a very good cook...yet...but I tried making an omelet for the first time ever and it worked!

It was so big and so scrumptious: I was very proud.
I don't like the idea of an egg white omelet- it looks weird, no yellow. So I make mine with one egg and two or three egg whites. That way you get one yolk in there to give it extra color and flavor. Also when I whisk them together I add some Mrs. Dash for flavor without sodium that reaches through the whole omelet.


I used whatever I had around: onion, turkey and feta. I cant wait to try new combinations: spinach, goat cheese tomato, or mushroom, tomato, onion, peppers, gouda. Fun new combos- we shall see. But hey- they are filling and healthy- lots of protein. Add in lots of vegetables and a little cheese and you've got a great meal (even for dinner!)


Got any combo ideas- let me know!
(Photos: deviantart.com)

No comments: